- Held At: Hertfordshire Archives and Local Studies
- Title: Covenant
- Description: Between John Edridge of Stansted Mountfitchet, Essex, baker, and Ann his wife, and Humphrey William Edridge of the same, son and heir of the above, and Mary his wife, John Taverner of Bishops Stortford, salesman, and Martha his wife, and Simon Curtis of the same, yeoman, first, and Richard Clarke of Little Hallingbury, Essex, gentleman, and Elizabeth Curtis of Bishops Stortford, spinster, second, to levy a fine concerning two crofts called Bryants in Aspenden, and one fourth part of one moiety of the Castle Inn at the Fish Market Bishops Stortford. The land in Aspenden is to be held to the use of John Edridge and Ann his wife for life and then to the use of Humphrey William Edridge and Mary his wife: the share of the Castle Inn is to be held to the use of Martha, wife of John Taverner for life, and then to the use of Elizabeth Curtis
- Date: 14 Jun 1712
- Extent: 1 item
- Document Reference: 43180
- Physical Description: Good. Signatures. Seals.
- Level: File
- Contact: Pre-order documents for your visit Request the research service
You can pre-order this item to look at when you visit Hertfordshire Archives and Local Studies, ask us to check suitability for copying, or carry out research for you.
This document forms part of a collectionHierarchy
A collection is arranged in order to show context. This means that it will have been catalogued to preserve its original order where possible. The catalogue will be arranged into sub-sections such as series, files and items so that related records appear together. Your current record is highlighted in bold and the folder it is in shows its context. From here you can explore the collection further by opening up folders (select the + signs) and viewing details of any other records shown (select the text). Catalogue Jump to this document in the hierarchy